Saturday, April 6, 2013

Her

   Hey, all, this post isn't about physics at all, it's just a little something for someone special to me. Feel free to skip it, but it'll show I'm not just a dry intellect interested in science.

   Seven months, seventeen days, six hours, and about forty minutes. That is how long we've been together. But it feels like, just perhaps, that time together, that chance meeting, was destined to happen. Since then, I have fallen, truly, deeply, very passionately, in love with....her. Some say she's just a phase. Some say she's one of many to come. But those people do not know us like we know ourselves. They have not been a part of this relationship. It seemed impossible for there ever to be a relationship. I say left, she says right. She looks up, I look down. But just as puzzle pieces fit together, a perfect fit where something fills the void, makes it complete, she does it for me and I hopefully do the same for her. Her beauty is truly unmatched by any other woman. She is a luminous woman, more luminous than the stars of the sky added together. I cannot help but to smile when I see her. Her hair flows, ever so graceful with a turn of her head. Does water even flow that way? Her eyes. Such...perfection. Shining so big, so bright. She never is disinterested when I talk about Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation, or never nods off when I lecture about Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. She simply says "I love you" in response. And those three words can part storm clouds in the sky, they can revive me from a depressed state, they can do amazing things. She is my other great passion in life. Next to physics, I'd gladly give up a career in physics and pursue a career as her husband. Secretly, I am always grateful when she makes me late for stuff by demanding that I do not leave, that I stay for another five minutes. It makes me feel wanted. She captivates me, she motivates me, she stirs up something previously unknown to me: love.

I love her.

   Thank you all for listening to the rambles of a guy in love. I'll be posting soon about fusion, but until then, salutations. And if you are her, I love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment